Content marketing in combination with a good Social Media Marketing plan is a very strong and powerful combination.
Getting your word out there and brand yourself or your product in such a way that people will get to know, like and trust you.
Because people will buy from people. And remember: valuable content rules!
You are able to create value and you’ll become that reliable source of information for your customers and team members.
The six essential steps: the way to build your business online
1. Blog – A Blog or a website is your home on the internet. It’s going to be your easiest to use content tool that also offers a variety of social and SEO benefits.
For example: when you start your business you can grow your blog through SEO and keyword planning into a dominating position within the search engines. By syndicating (sharing) your content all over social media you can show all (potential) customers and team members to be, that you have the solution for their problems.
Use your blog wisely and create a powerful resource for future and existing customers.
2. Email Marketing – Email marketing is a very strong tool. They allow you to build a relationship with your audience. You can write from your blog, meaning that when have written an interesting article, you send that to your list of customers and prospects.
It’s a great way to keep everybody updated, you can ask questions and in that way you can nurture the connection.
How Content Marketing is the Way to Start a Business online. Six Essential steps
3. Social Proof – As in any business, word of mouth is the most powerful tool you can have. When people comment on your posts on your blog, use that. Make a screen shot and post it on your social media platform. Explain what the comment is about in more detail and create value in that way.
This is how the human brain works. If others say you are oké, then it must be true. If somebody in your team, or a customer is willing to make a testimonial video…great! Very powerful.
4. Be the Perfect Library – This is how you can out run your competition. Be a better resource center for valuable and most of al useful information.
It’s your blog that will act as the library, it’s where you send everybody to and that’s where everybody is coming back to for more.
The information provided by you is through article writing, videos and podcasts. Take note of this! Video rules, very important. People get to see YOU. Start making them today.
5. Social Networks & Media – Having a business and not being social are two things that will not go together. People expect you to be on the social platforms, just as much as they expect you to have a phone number and an email address and a website / blog.
Do some research on what social platforms your potential customers are and make sure that you are present.
This should be a daily task, building relationship is wonderful for your business. Use the content from your blog to promote.
If you use the right kind of blog the sharing buttons are already there, so you can understand how easy it is to be present. Even on Youtube live is been made easy for you. They share buttons for the different social media platforms are there. And with a click of a button…..
6. Events – Especially in the internet marketing business, events are great. Going to events will give you the opportunity to connect with like minded people. It will keep you in there right mindset.
An other way of events is hosting them yourself. This can be done online. In a form of a webinar or Google Hangout you can invite people to them and there you can lead with value. Give information that helps your prospective customer. They’ll love you for it.
What other steps can you think of that are important in “the way to start your business online”. And let me know what you have learned from this article.